round and round...

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Playing Doctor

I have a doctor's appointment today and the problem is that my health insurance company has no record of my existence. The benefits department at my office doesn't have any answers for me. I've been paying for the health care coverage for more than a month, so why I'm not assigned an ID # or even entered into the system is beyond me. All I know is that if I get to the doctor today and I have to pay the full visit cost and submit a reimbursement after the fact I'm going to be one pissed off corporate grunt. I also know that I want to quit my job in the worst way. I wake up with headaches almost every weekday because my sleeping body feels the anxiety of the coming work day. Not a healthy thing.

2 What people are saying:

Blogger Dan rambles...

Health care coverage providers can suck the life right out of you. They probably need another few weeks to have you in the system, idiots that they are. Used to be at many places of employ you could only get into the system once a year, and you were screwed until that date came around. Good luck dealing with the a-holes in your Benefits or Human Resources dept.s, they are typically the most inept people you will find in a business. Please do yourself the favor of looking for a new job...or get one of those insipidly happy self-imporvement books that will teach you how to get along more well with the job you have. Life is just too short to be that unhappy. The self-help books suck, they want you to be all sunshine n roses or learn to be an emotionless robot. Look back at other jobs you've had and see if you spot a pattern. Is it them or is it you? Don't let them walk all over you, you're not a door mat. The week-end is coming, get those Sunday papers and circle some classifieds. Maybe you'll wind up somewhere making more $ and being happy too! Best of luck to you.

2/24/2005 10:13:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Oh, Dan, you're speaking to my heart, man! I'm out of here as soon as I can find a part time gig somewhere and make enough $ to pay my bills - the rest of my time will go to concentrating on my designs and living my life. Novel concept, eh? I'm hitting the bricks this weekend to see what I can find. Until then, I'll be holed up in my cube pestering HR/Benefits about their mounting ineptitude...

2/24/2005 10:31:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home