round and round...

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Excuse me, have you seen my pocket protector?


I am a huge nerd. Tonight Matthew and I are going to a seminar in midtown about lutes and Galileo and how the lively music of the Italian Renaissance contributed to his discovery of the law of falling bodies.

I am not kidding. We have a nerd date.

Apparently there will be a lute concert of sorts, then some reenactments of the experiments Galileo conducted in order to prove his theory and get it ever closer to the highest esteemed title of "law". I'm not sure how the lutes relate to the law, but they do and I'm sure I'll be an expert on it by 9PM tonight. If you're not recalling your middle school science class, Galileo's Law of Falling Bodies states that objects will fall to the earth at the same rate irrespective of their mass. So, if you and your fat neighbor and your skinny little sister jump off a bridge at exactly the same time and speed (in a vacuum because wind resistance messes things up, of course), you'll all hit the water at the same time. This discovery enabled the future study of terminal velocity and gravitational force on objects of varying mass.

Nerdy nerd nerd, blah blah blah.

Labels:

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Marissa rambles...

so not nerdy! i would love that!

1/30/2008 05:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Marissa, you would have enjoyed it! It was really good.

1/31/2008 10:16:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I would enjoy it too and i'm no nerd ;)

1/31/2008 01:07:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home