round and round...

Friday, June 13, 2008

R.I.P.

Tim Russert is dead at the age of 58. He had a heart attack. His father, Big Russ, has now outlived him. That is such an unnatural thing - a parent who outlives his child. I can't even imagine the heartbreak.

Labels:

5 What people are saying:

Blogger Anisa rambles...

NO!

I am so upset. This is awful news.

6/13/2008 04:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Marissa rambles...

i know. this was the most upsetting news. and on father's day weekend -- and his father was so special to him. it just breaks my heart. the day before, another healthy young man i know dropped dead of a heart attack also. i hate when this stuff happens all at once. it is so sad.

6/14/2008 06:05:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

This affected me more than I thought it would. His poor family and the NBC community must be devastated.

6/15/2008 01:11:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I'm really very sad about this. I don't usually even notice newsmen (unless they annoy me) but I actually, actively LIKED this guy. He will be sadly missed during the election, it won't be right without him.

6/16/2008 08:22:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

As cajunvegan said, I was affected by this more than I would have expected. I think it hit me that I'd grown pretty accustomed to hearing his commentary on WTOP news during my daily commutes in the car. I then realized that I looked forward to them. He was refreshing and good natured...as well as knowledgeable about the issues iin a awy that made them easy for me to understand. So sad.

6/17/2008 10:31:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home