round and round...

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I will never learn

One of the many perks of a new job - happy hour. This place has happy hours fairly often, at least twice a month. About half the time they're company sponsored, so that means a couple drinks on the corporate card. Nice. Me likey.

It's not a common thing for me to have more than 2 drinks. I'm a bit of a lightweight and I've realized I'm not as young as I once was. I'll have one or two and then be done with it. I'm content hanging out sans additional adult beverages. I mentioned it's not common for me to imbibe to a higher level, but it's not impossible. Sometimes it happens.

Take last night, for example. Allow me to set the stage: happy hour at the bar across from the office, corporate card thrown down for the tab, bosses and counterparts in abundance, martinis and gimlets flowing like water.

I will say this - I woke up this morning, stumbled into the bathroom, tried to close the door, but it wasn't latching. After several tugs on the door I finally looked down. It was broken. Half of the metal plate around the doorknob was missing.

Me to poor hubby, "Honey, what happened to the door?"
Him to me, "Um..."
Me again, "Oh no. I broke it?"
Him, "Uh, yeah. Apparently you couldn't get out of the bathroom and through sheer brute force you broke it. I think I can fix it, though. Don't worry. You feeling OK?"
Me, "Baby, can you please leave the room? I need to puke."

Embarrassing. Very embarrassing. My poor husband, thank god he loves me.

Labels: ,

6 What people are saying:

Blogger Unknown rambles...

hahaha - awesome.

6/10/2008 04:22:00 PM

 
Blogger Lynilu rambles...

Wow, girl, you got some incredible hulk genes in your blood??? LOL! I've done some odd things in my day, but I never broke a door!!!

Sorry, but this is just too funny! snicker!

6/10/2008 05:20:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

I once slept at the bottom of the stairs sans clothes after a staff party. Thankfully, I waited until I was home to remove the clothes.

6/10/2008 09:49:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Chris - I'm glad someone thinks so! It felt like ass.

Lynilu - What a night. I didn't even know I was that strong. Now if only I can channel my powers for good purposes...

Cajunvegan - That is awesome. That is truly awesome.

6/11/2008 11:16:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Oops. In my experience, any random Tuesday night work happy hours is more dangerous than prom, a wedding and New Years Eve rolled together.

6/11/2008 12:26:00 PM

 
Blogger Brown English Muffin rambles...

Oh no....I know this will be me tonight it's our companies last bowling night and they are giving us free food and beer...I don't drink much either but I'll have to be careful as I have to drive home...so maybe just half a beer if that...

Oh yeah I never would have bothered even closing the bathroom door let alone latching it!!! Isn't that what all married couples do or is it just me!!!

6/11/2008 02:02:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home