round and round...

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A lifetime of freak-outs

Does the freaking out stop? I’m not expecting it to. I anticipate a solid pattern of freak-outs for the next 20 years at least. If our calculations are right (they’ll be confirmed by our midwife early next month) I’m about 5 weeks along at this point. That leaves 37 to go. 37 weeks until we get to meet this person who’s presently inhabiting my guts.

The range of emotion is astounding. It’s so early that I feel more like an incubator than a mother-to-be. From what I’ve read and from what friends have told me it will take until I start to show for me to really feel connected to this baby in a way that’s tangible. Right now it’s more like an idea of a baby, rather than an actual kidlet in there. I’m physically uncomfortable (can I just mention that I’ve never had to pee so many times in a day and my boobs have never been bigger?), so I know it’s real, but I’m looking forward to feeling the switch from the theoretical realm to the actual one.

Labels: ,

4 What people are saying:

Blogger Jenn rambles...

Nope. You just get used to it and it seems normal.

And, girl, just wait on the peeing. It gets worse.

Super cool that you're having a midwife. You might want to check into having a doula too...they're very helpful.

7/15/2008 10:35:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Jenn - The peeing gets WORSE??? I'm going 74 times a day! Oh boy.

I've got 3 midwives, actually! So cool - their practice is cooperative and they all meet with you through the pregnancy so that you're comfortable with all of them by the time labor rolls around. That way you're covered if any one of them is on vacation or ill or whatever. Pretty rad. I'll look into a doula. I've heard great things.

7/15/2008 10:43:00 AM

 
Blogger Lynilu rambles...

chuckle! I remember the early stages being miserable for peeing, and then later in the pregnancy, as the baby settles down on the nice soft cushion we call the bladder! The middle part was not so bad for me, so maybe you'll be luck and have a respite, too. :)

7/15/2008 01:17:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I know exactly how you feel! It was always kinda surreal to me right up until the birth. Best of luck to you honey!

7/16/2008 08:46:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home