round and round...

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What to do?

I've been in this situation before, but I never know quite how to handle it. A friend wants to do something that I think is unwise. I think he's making a bad choice. The pickle is that I want this person to come to an understanding within himself about his path so it's not my place to meddle, but I don't see how this decision can be a good one and I want to save him from the heartache in his future. I know we each have to learn our own lessons, and we can't learn many lessons if we never take a wrong step along way. Yet, I can't help feeling like I'm letting him down by watching him take this step instead of stopping him.

I have to let time and faith take their course. It's tough to do. Keeping my nose out of it is the best thing. Isn't it funny how the best thing is often the hard thing?

Labels: , ,

5 What people are saying:

Blogger Claire Joy rambles...

Well you could give him your opinion and then let it go. If he chooses the course he's bent on, then he takes the risk. You've done your part up front, and then support him if he falls flat. (As in no I told ya so's. (Actually that's always the hard part for me.)

2/13/2008 03:57:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Yeah, Claire Joy, that's part of my issue, too. The ITYS is such a part of my routine when people make the wrong decisions... gotta work on that...

2/13/2008 05:05:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

I hope this isn't about me...

(word verification: gdbrr)

2/14/2008 01:50:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Honey most of the time the best thing is ALWAYS the hardest. I wish your friend the best.

2/14/2008 12:55:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Rover, it's not you. I'd flat-out tell you if I thought you were goofing up. ;-)

Patti - Exactly.

2/14/2008 02:02:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home