round and round...

Thursday, August 07, 2008

One breath at a time

I'm here. I'm around. There is some drama going on in my little world these days.

A dear friend is in trouble and I don't know how to help. A blast from my past turns up out of nowhere... in Brooklyn of all places. My office is in a state of constant uproar and distress.

I'm more exhausted on a daily basis than I've ever dreamed possible. The little person-in-process floating in my belly is causing some serious hormonal floods. My poor husband. He compliments me, I cry. He asks me if I want a glass of seltzer, I cry. He wakes me up when I fall asleep on the couch and tucks me into bed... finally I am too tired to cry.

Life is wonderful lately. And far more difficult than I'd like it to be. I'm starting to think of every experience as parenting training. Perspective is a beautiful thing. It's days like today that make me appreciate my mom to an indescribable degree.

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

Melissa, this is the most wonderful, scary, blissful, wearisome, precious, outrageous time of your life. I know it is difficult but, you will look back on it with great relish, too.

I'm glad your life is wonderful. I'm glad you have Matthew. You two are on the greatest adventure. Enjoy!

8/07/2008 10:56:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Oh honey you will appreciate your Mom far more than you ever knew! Prepare to be VERY tired for a few months. Just take deep breaths and tell Matthew to be even more super patient. It really is a special time but a LOT of changes. Hugs my friend!!! I was worried about you!

8/08/2008 09:03:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

hey. *poke* i love you.

8/12/2008 05:37:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home