round and round...

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Cheeeeeeeeese

So, this weekend at my friends' wedding I was, like, totally wasted and stuff. Yeah, man. I got so bombed on cranberry seltzer...

Being the pregnant one is weird. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome and amazing and gratifying. But, it's also strange and limiting in some ways. Those ways are, of course, teensy weensy and completely inconsequential in the grand scheme, however, they're annoying in the present moment.

Take, for instance, the cranberry seltzer. I enjoy cranberry seltzer just as much as the next gal, but a bourbon on the rocks would have been nice. Just one. Or maybe one of the goat cheese hors d'oeuvres. That would have been tasty. Bourbon and unpasteurized/soft cheeses are off-limits. By the time I get to have some brie and wine again it will have been at least a year and a half since the last time. Weird!

I'm beyond thrilled to be having this baby. Really, I am. We heard the heartbeat again last night. Amazing. So yeah, I'm thrilled, but I really miss my cheeses.

Labels: ,

6 What people are saying:

Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Far be it for me to dispute your doctor, HOWEVER...a formerly pregnant friend of mine showed me this article a while back, and she had a grandly healthy child, and drank a latte every day of the entire 9 months. Just 'food' for thought for you especially regarding Brie. I hate to see anyone go without brie, ya know.

10/07/2008 05:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Sandra - Oh, don't you worry, I make myself a latte every morning and I'm just waiting for the first sign from my body that it's OK to have a glass of wine. So far, I feel funny about the wine. Most likely it's from the 4 month absence of it in my life that makes me feel funny about it, not necessarily the wee one. And sushi? I still have it now and then. Most sushi fish in the States is flash frozen to kill the bacteria anyway. I gotta read up on the brie. I mean, I'm pregnant, I'm not dead.

10/07/2008 11:23:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

The only thing I gave up was alcohol and certain meds but to each her own :)

10/08/2008 11:50:00 AM

 
Blogger Anisa rambles...

you are so freaking cute!!

and being without unpastuerized cheese and wine will be so worth it i am sure! you can do it!

this all said from a person who has had both within the past week. a few times. ;)

10/08/2008 10:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Lynilu rambles...

It's a task of deprivation for the extreme love, isn't it?

Scary that when I was having my children we didn't know all those "no-nos" and I drank some (2-3 drink a week throughout both pregnancies. They are both healthy and brilliant.

10/09/2008 07:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

My friend said to me the other day, when we were out at lunch..."You're so lucky...You can have all the beer you want during YOUR pregnancy"...You shoulda seen the stares we got...lol

(They couldn't see my non-preggo belly in the booth we were sitting in). She makes funny comments about my lonnnng "pregnancy" (my adoption wait) and seems people always overhear it...lol.

I feel for ya babe. Just think of how good that first glass of wine or cocktail will be, and how yummy a nice goat cheese pizza will be when baby's finally here...(and it's safe to resume...)

10/17/2008 03:51:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home