round and round...

Sunday, September 14, 2008

We can see Russia from here. Wonder if they like cookies.

I came across this article today while doing my routine browse of the online New York Times version. We get home delivery on weekends, but I still can't break away from going to the online version after I read the tree-based one. Old habits die hard.

This op-ed piece so clearly demonstrates my views on the S. Palin fervor that there's not much need to do more than post the link. Bob Herbert speaks right to me.

Appropriately enough, I found this article right after Hubs and I came back from a walk. A walk on which we bought some homemade oatmeal raisin cookies from 2 little girls who were having a Bake Sale For Obama around the corner from our house. They set up a chalkboard easel with "Cookies for Obama" written on it, they covered 2 milk crates with tea towels and they sat on their stoop with their mom selling cookies so they could send the money to Obama's campaign. If that's not grassroots activism I don't know what is.

As for the cookies, moist and chewy and delicious. Obamalicious, one might say.

Labels: , ,

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Awww now how darn cute is that!

9/15/2008 09:42:00 AM

 
Blogger Lynilu rambles...

OK, the article is being linked at my blog, as well. Very well done.

I love the "Cookies for Obama" thing! How wonderful! I hope you paid BIG for your cookies!

9/15/2008 11:03:00 AM

 
Blogger Brown English Muffin rambles...

That is sooo cute!

9/23/2008 01:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home