round and round...

Monday, August 11, 2008

A-OK

Our midwife gave us a clean bill of health tonight. All 3 of us are doing fine.

She eased our minds about all the little worries, answered our questions (the big ones and the small ones), tried really hard to let us hear a heartbeat even though it's only 9 weeks so far. The chances were slim that we'd be able to catch the beat this early. We didn't get to hear it, but she said it's nothing to worry about at all and you usually can't hear it until 11 or 12 weeks anyway. She tried for a good 5 minutes and then we all decided the baby was hiding. She said for Matthew to play more guitar to my belly and get the baby moving around so it's easier next time.

It was amazingly reassuring to hear a medical professional tell me everything looks and feels good. Things are where they should be. We're doing the right stuff so far. She understood all our fears and often it was she who brought up something that we'd read that scared us before we even mentioned it. Comfort. That's the word I'd use for what we got tonight. We got a heapin' helpin' of comfort. It feels so good.

Labels:

7 What people are saying:

Blogger Caroline rambles...

I am so glad that your visit went well today. I have never been pregnant, but I imagine that first visit brings much comfort.

Do you have a due date yet?

8/11/2008 11:05:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I totally understand where you're coming from! So happy to get a good update!

8/12/2008 09:30:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

that's my sweet mami. mamiiiiiiii. tell m. to give your tum a kiss for me. i mean it.

8/12/2008 05:36:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

YAAAAYYYY!!! Melissa, I've been off-line for a while and read this post. I didn't know. Congratulations, I am so happy for you guys :)

You are soooo going to get sick of me sharing baby/birth stories. My mid-wife was awesome and I will be sending you some babystuff:)

8/13/2008 11:00:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown rambles...

Good to hear.

8/13/2008 11:18:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

I've been M.I.A. awhile with all our adoption classes, meetings, paperwork, bleh bleh etc. and travel home to see my family recently....

Just wanted to pop in and catch up a bit...So glad to hear you and baby are doing well and healthy. I never doubted it...she/he has such a great mom and dad!

Hope the work front settles down for you...and the friend-dilemma straightens out with out too much stress for you.

Take care friend

8/13/2008 12:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Lynilu rambles...

My son talked to his daughter in utero throughout the pregnancy. Often with his head in my DIL's lap he would just "chat" with her. When she was born, he went in the room while the nurse cleaned her, weighed her, etc., and when she heard his voice, she turned toward it! She knew his voice and turned toward it when he entered the room over the subsequent weeks. So tell Matthew to talk to the baby a lot, too. It is so cool seeing the bond that develops.

I'm very happy for you both, er, all three!

8/19/2008 11:13:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home