round and round...

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Public, Six-Pack, Plumber...

Joe knows. Joe knows politics.

It certainly seems that McCain doesn't. I'm watching the debate right now and he is incapable of putting forth a coherent, sane, logical answer to any of these questions.

I'm trying very hard not to throw things at the television.

I keep hearing Obama speak calmly and clearly, even admitting mistakes... and McCain just snickers as if the entire audience is in on some inside joke, he interrupts, he won't allow Obama to get a word in edgewise. He has continually cut Obama off when he asserts he is not a terrorist. Obama is trying to explain Congressman Lewis's (who I respect very much and had the pleasure of dining with several years back at a fundraiser in DC) recent remarks and McCain continues to interrupt and talk over him. He is doing nothing but spreading the same kind of unfounded rhetoric that put him in hot water today in the New York Times.

Bob Shieffer is giving him room to hang himself. For pete's sake, McCain just said Palin is a "role model for women"! What kind of women, I wonder? Backwoods, uneducated, unmotivated, small-minded, violent, uncaring women? Those are the only ones I can think of who would support Palin's decision to make women in Alaska PAY FOR THEIR OWN RAPE KITS.

I must say, I'm enjoying being a spectator at this gladiator match. I can't wait until they release the lions to feast on the loser's remains.

4 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

Amen.

I just don't understand how some people still think a McC/P vote is a vote of sanity.

10/16/2008 02:20:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Ditto Lynilu...
I'm with you both..

Very very well put, Melissa...

10/17/2008 03:46:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Oh ladies, totally. It's insane, it's incensing, it's just generally whackadoo.

I prefer to keep the level of whackadoo in my own life to myself, filling the White House with it is a terrifying prospect.

10/17/2008 03:50:00 PM

 
Blogger Ron Simpson rambles...

M.

I shuuder to watch the debates with my wife. She gets very antimated about the lies and misrepresentations. While both candidates do 'stretch' some facts, JM seems to have the license on out and out lying about them.
I keep hearing this $700 billion that we are sending to countries that do not like us. The governments own accounting says it is $246 billion and the majority of that goes to Canada and Mexico. Yes, I would love to see our dependance on foreign oil reduced, but it will take the government and me to do it.
It frightens me to no end to think of a McCain/Palin led government. Even worse, I am a Christian, and I know more than to one issue my vote. Wake up, America, before we are one of the thrid world countries we talk about.

Ron
www.troubledramblings.blogspot.com
www.won-by-one.blogspot.com

10/20/2008 11:56:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home