round and round...

Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009

My mom called me this morning. OK, it was this afternoon, but it was morning to me! She wanted to tell me about my horoscope. She said it was only fitting and seemed like a great way to start this new year.

"You were lucky enough to be born with talent. Now you have to be talented enough to find luck. Your artistic goals will be met in the new year because you start taking them seriously right now."

I was struck by 2 things in particular about this.

  • 1) It perfectly sums up what I hope to happen for myself in 2009. Of course, becoming a parent is the biggest change that this year brings, but in terms of my own personal development I'd like to concentrate on some creative pursuits that have been languishing too long on the back burner. I believe it's very important to show your children that you have a passion for something (if not many things) and set a good example for artistic expression.
  • 2) I was so touched that my mom would read that and want to tell me about it. She knows how important it is to me to feel creative and productive. It really made me feel great that she took the time to call me about it.

What are you looking forward to in 2009?

Labels: , ,

2 What people are saying:

Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Just curious, what horoscope site she looked at? I've been looking for a free 2009 one!

1/02/2009 02:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Lynilu rambles...

Good luck with *all* your creative endeavors, especially the Awesome one!

1/02/2009 06:17:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home