round and round...

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Poke, poke. Jab, jab.

I've spent the last week with a tiny foot (or feet at times) jabbed into my ribs. It's wonderful and amazing, but it's pretty darn uncomfortable! Teensy heels crammed into tight spots that are usually occupied with various internal organs which have lived in those spots for 31 years. That's been my experience this past week.

We've spent many an hour on the couch lately just watching my belly move and undulate. It's wild to see my own body moving on account of someone else's own body. Someone else's itty bitty body which weighs about 2 lbs. by now. That's 2 cans of black beans. We use this comparison because 2 cans of black beans are a staple in our pantry and often we'll venture into the kitchen and just carry around a couple of cans for awhile. You know, just to see what 2 lbs. really feels like. Funny, the cans don't squirm like Awesome does.

Unrelated: Is anyone else swooning due to Denny's reappearance on Grey's Anatomy? *drool, swoon, drool* And how about the introduction of a character with Aspergers? Pretty groundbreaking. Ooh, Denny's back onscreen. Gotta jet.

Labels:

4 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

You are bringing back to so many sweet memories of my pregnancy. I am glad you are savoring this special time :)

12/05/2008 11:23:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

I can't begin to imagine how amazing that feeling must be! Reading your post just warms my heart!

My little moments have been washing and folding all these tiny clothes...and hanging them on tiny hangers...*dreamy sigh* They're so darn cute! I sometimes go into Isaac's room and just hang out. Dreaming of what it'll be like when he's here...smelling all fresh and powdery and being real warm and cuddly. I'm a sap!!! lol

12/05/2008 05:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Lynilu rambles...

I loved, loved, loved being pregnant, especially at times like you are experiencing now. My 5 yr old son, used to put his head in my lap, ear to my belly, and listen to his baby sister "swim" and thump around. It was such a good time. And you brought the memory back, thank you. :)

12/06/2008 04:17:00 PM

 
Blogger Caroline rambles...

I have a friend that is 25 weeks pregnant and the other day she took my hand and put it on her belly and I felt the baby kick. It was the most amazing thing...I can only imagine what it feels when it's actually inside you.

12/08/2008 05:40:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home