round and round...

Friday, November 07, 2008

What am I doing?

Look at this face. We're going to meet her in the next few days. She's about 6 years old, 55lb. lab mix, spent all of her life until this summer in a parking lot. She's being fostered by someone who can't keep her any longer...

So Matthew and I are taking Duke to go meet her soon. If it works out between her and Duke we'll at least foster her for awhile. As I type this I am fully aware that if she and Duke get along and she moves in here for a planned short period of time we will never let her go. I think we are getting in a little over our heads... and yet I can't stop it. What am I thinking? 140 lbs of dog and a baby! How will I handle that? Ah well, when it rains it pours. This pooch needs a home and if we can give it to her that's what we'll have to do.

Labels:

8 What people are saying:

Blogger Caroline rambles...

What a sweetie. Oh, and BTW, I think you have reading too much of Lynilu's blog. :)

11/07/2008 12:33:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Caroline - I know! She is the best worst influence!! ;-) While there is a teensy part of me that is hoping she and Duke don't get along, the overwhelming majority of me hopes they're BFFs and we get to bring her home.

11/07/2008 12:36:00 PM

 
Blogger Lynilu rambles...

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!! You really are getting as bad as I!!!! Of course, you'll keep her!! LOL!! Let's do the math .... 2 large dogs, 2 adult humans and 1 teeny baby in a NYC apartment. Nah, you're not on the totally crazy list yet, but getting close!

She is cute!! Does she have a name? I'll bet Duke will love having a buddy around. Labs make wonderful pets, so let's hope her Lab-side is strong.

I love it! I love being a bad influence!!

11/07/2008 12:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Caroline rambles...

One more thing...I think it will be good for Duke to have a buddy since he probably won't be getting as much attention once the little one arrives.

11/07/2008 05:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

I'm such a sucker for dogs. If hubby didn't have those three cats...I'd probably have a pack-o-dogs runnin' the place! heheh.

I bet Duke will love her. He'll think he's gettin' an arranged marriage...LOL

11/07/2008 05:35:00 PM

 
Blogger Marissa rambles...

What a beautiful, sweet looking dog!

11/08/2008 04:43:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

I can't wait for my next visit to your place!

11/10/2008 02:56:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

A parking lot? Gah well of course she had you at hello with that story, how could you not???

Just start with fostering - you don't have to keep her unless it feels right. You're doing her a big BIG favor giving her a good foster home too. I'm saying all this but I know damn well you're gonna keep her.

11/13/2008 03:42:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home