round and round...

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Brooklyn is Obama country

Another great video from my neighbor - footage of the celebrations in the street last night. This was one block over from my house. It was amazing! My friend and I ran out into the street as soon as NBC called the election for Obama and people were flooding out of their homes, dancing, cheering, banging pots and pans. Cars driving by honked their horns and we could hear cheers all across the neighborhood.

Labels: , ,

4 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Hah I was asleep but that is so cool! I love it!

11/05/2008 11:08:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Wish I'd been there! Or Grant Park with Oprah. It was so heartwarming to see so many people so happy for once.

11/05/2008 12:43:00 PM

 
Blogger Lynilu rambles...

I was lucky because we got the great news early in the evening, and I went to bed with a smile!

11/05/2008 06:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

It was an amazing night here!

Patti - A good night's sleep is pretty awesome, too! ;-)

Sandra - The last time I was in Grant Park I sat and read a book... it was amazing to see so many people there!

Lyn - There is a lot to be said for going to bed content!

11/05/2008 08:37:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home