round and round...

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Welcome to my neighborhood

This is a video taken by my neighbor this morning at 6:30. He walked the length of the line to get into our polling place (only 2 blocks from my house). It was so cool to see so many people I recognize from the neighborhood all waiting together so early in the morning.

Matthew and I lucked out - we went at 6:10PM and there was no line at all. We walked in and walked right out. Pretty amazing! We would have been glad to wait this morning, but he had to get to work and we knew it would take more than an hour. We rolled the dice and took our chances with an evening vote instead. It paid off!

I love this video because even that early in the morning and with a line that long no one seemed upset or peeved, everyone just seemed happy to be voting.

Labels: ,

0 What people are saying:

Post a Comment

<< Home