round and round...

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Really assy

A couple of years ago Matthew was really sick. I kept asking him what his symptoms were and how he felt so I could figure out how to take care of him. He was so despondent and ill that he just kept saying, "I don't know, I just feel really... I feel really... I don't know - assy!"

Well, that's me now. I feel really assy. Been fighting what I thought was a cold for what is now the 3rd week. The coughing got progressively worse this weekend. I'm now wheezing and sometimes it's hard to breathe when I lay down. I woke up coughing last night so hard that I had to run to the bathroom to throw up. Twice. I coughed myself into puking. Ick. Major ick.

I'm trying to get an appt with my doctor today because this is crazy stuff. A doctor friend thinks it's walking pneumonia. Great. My first concern was the kidlet, but he tells me that the placenta is a magical organ and women grow them for very good reasons. The best reason right now is that it keeps the baby healthy and free from my mommy ickies.

Gotta go shower. The steam makes my lungs feel a little better.


UPDATE: It's bronchitis. My doc called my midwife and we had a conference about what I am allowed to take as far as medicines go in my pregnant state. Right now I'm on an antibiotic, a cough suppressant, a bronchial inhaler, and a nasal spray. Sheesh! The good news is I'll be feeling far better by tomorrow evening. The bad news is that until then I'll just have to deal with feeling assy.

Labels: ,

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Have you gone the whole hot bath, chicken soup, drink lots of liquids, and sleep all weekend route? Sleep usually speeds up recovery like nothing else, I think.

10/29/2008 05:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Anisa rambles...

get better! sorry you feel assy!

10/30/2008 09:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

*HUGS* Hope you feel much better very fast. Get plenty of rest...and ask for lots of back rubs lol. That always helps combat assy-ness. lol.

10/30/2008 10:49:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home