round and round...

Monday, October 20, 2008

Another day, another... book?


Ever think your job is tough? Feel like staying in bed instead of trudging to your office some days? Don't want to brave the summer heat, the autumnal rains, the winter snow to trek to your car or your train or your bus? I have those days. I have those days and I rarely think of how hard it is for other people to get to their jobs... jobs that actually make a difference to the world instead of my corporate office gig.

This article in today's New York Times is amazing. It just goes to show that one person with a good idea can change peoples' lives. I'm talking real change, unaffected by politics and red tape, real change that sparks ideas and gives hope.

Biblioburro. I'm inspired. How about you?

2 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

I googled "Biblioburro" and didn't get the NYT, but did get the story. Isn't that something?

I'm sitting on my couch, surrounded by furry little bodies, and knowing I need to do something. I will. I promise. Honest, I will!

10/20/2008 03:41:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I would ride a burro for a book, heck i'd walk for a book. That's how much I love books!

10/21/2008 12:16:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home