round and round...

Friday, November 14, 2008

Snark Alert

The word is r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s. Not r-E-diculous.

There is no such word as "supposebly".

"Irregardless" isn't even close.

Can we please finish the chapter on "orientated"? C'mon! How hard is it to get oriented? Apparently it's so hard some people feel the need to add a syllable.

Educated, professional people who make far more money than I do should know these things. They just should. That's how the world should work. There are simple rules that the universe should follow. Higher-ups being even remotely capable of using the English language correctly is one of those rules. Case closed.

Labels: ,

8 What people are saying:

Blogger Marissa rambles...

I couldn't agree more! It drives me crazy when I hear people make these mistakes. It's not that difficult to learn proper, normal English!

11/14/2008 09:24:00 PM

 
Blogger Lynilu rambles...

Well, I think it is reeeeeediculous that you get so upset, irregardless of supposebly un-orientated people's way of tawkin'. I mean, whassamattachu?

You should understand that having a degree does not mean the person studied or learned anything! Have you been hanging out with that nutty Lynilu who complains about these things? Oh, wait. *I'm* Lynilu.

Never mind.

11/15/2008 12:27:00 AM

 
Blogger Intervenção Digital rambles...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/15/2008 12:24:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Oh dear don't even get me started on these morons who are my (supposed) superiors!!! I totally sympathize with you girl!

11/15/2008 09:57:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

And then there is always that bugaboo "enthused"
as in "I am really enthused about your pregnancy!"
The word is enthusiastic you imbeciles!!!

You and cajunvegan are my grammar heroines, by the way.

11/17/2008 06:03:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Wow, it was like something in my brain jumped directly to your blog. I just had that "irregardless" discussion this week.

11/20/2008 03:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

My mom told me that at 3 yrs old I corrected her grammar..lol..so I'm right there with you!

I hate when people end sentences in prepositions...cannot properly use words like Were/Was based upon if the noun was plural or singular..and my biggest pet peeve of them all---using apostrophes on plural words that are not possessive! LOL (Check out apostropheabuse.com I love it!)

11/20/2008 05:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Marissa - I think the same thing. It didn't seem to be that difficult for us, right?

Lyn - Totally! Haha! A degree says nothing... paper is pretty silent.

Patti - Morons, exactly!

CJ - CV definitely puts the word out there about the imbeciles. More people should read her rants! We'd likely have less irritating grammar offenders out there.

Sandra - That one gets me worse than most. I don't get the addition of syllables to words... where does that start?

Retro Girl - APOSTROPHES!!! Matthew constantly points out apostrophes used to make things plural. It drives us both nuts!

11/22/2008 03:17:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home