round and round...

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Ah, a sunny Sunday

The park was teeming with life today. People from all over Brooklyn came to Prospect Park to welcome Spring to the borough. Frisbee, kickball, volleyball, cricket, and football were the choice games of the day from what we could tell.

Although, tree climbing was a much more popular activity with the younger set. Take a look at this photo. Notice the height of the tree. Notice the kids *in* the tree. Matthew said this must be where they grow the kids.

The best part was all the parents standing under the tree watching carefully, but not in an overly concerned way. These kids knew what they were doing and they were being good little monkey children. No padded playgrounds needed. No anti-bacterial hand wipes were waiting for the kids once they came back down to earth. They were just fine and they had a blast. You could hear the giggling across the field - it sounded great.

Jude liked the park. Well, he liked eating in the park. We took a thin, gauzy blanket and I used it as a drape and fed him right there. Consider my public breastfeeding anxiety gone. It was silly anyway. Breasts actually serve a purpose. It's a shame our society doesn't always embrace that. I'm not out there flashing my boobies around, I'm feeding my son with them. If anyone has a problem with that I'll kindly refer them to their own mother for counsel.

6 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

I love the picture of the kid-tree!! That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you had a nice day and could get yourselves and Jude out for a bit of sunshine! It sounds wonderful!

4/05/2009 10:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Love the baby pics & updates!
You both look beautiful!! :-)
*HUGS*

My adoption blog is
http://ourheartnseoul.blogspot.com/?zx=fe91b6ee0d019ed8

Hope to update soon...maybe tonite if I don't conk out lol...

4/05/2009 10:43:00 PM

 
Anonymous Naomi rambles...

and that makes me long for NY even more... i miss doing fun things like that in central park... (although i have yet to offer up the breastfeeding- good for you on working past the anxiety of it!)

4/06/2009 07:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Anisa rambles...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been away for a while and am just now catching up. You are gorgeous and Jude is precious. Just sending you a gigantor hug!!!

4/06/2009 05:06:00 PM

 
Blogger Anisa rambles...

OK. I had to post again. I went back and read all the posts. I am so emotional right now...so happy for you.

I am so sorry about the craziness in my life and that I haven't been in blogworld. But I love you just the same and know that Jude is one lucky kid to have you as a mom.

4/06/2009 05:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Beautiful pic of you and Jude!
I loved climbing trees as a kid!
I love the "kid tree" too!
Helicopter parents and padded playgrounds annoy me.

4/07/2009 10:28:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home