round and round...

Friday, March 25, 2005

Love & Basketball

I had a week that was quite unusual for me. I had the useless-waste-of-time interview on Monday, I met a friend for a drink who I had not previously met face to face (we work on projects together and talk on the phone and email, but had never met) and she was lovely, was introduced to 2 new bars that I really liked (the bar at the Royalton Hotel and Second Nature), and went to 2 NBA games. NBA - now for me it's strange that I went to 2 games in 2 nights since I think I've been to 2 games in the previous 5 years. I enjoyed myself, though. Which impressed me because I've not been so into basketball in the past.

Knicks/Celtics 3.23: the Knicks actually won. That's apparently a big feat. Game was exciting to watch and the players were pretty physical, so the tension was kind of high. No team dominated, so it was good back and forth. MSG was packed and the crowd was really amped up. Saw Spike Lee. Man, he's a little dude. That is one diminutive adult right there. The Knicks City Dancers rock. Those girls are awesome.

Nets/Grizzlies 3.24: the Nets lost - no big surprise there. Game was not as exciting as the one the night before and the arena was almost empty. No celebs, but we had corporate suite tickets, so that was very cool. Nothing like free tickets, free food, and free drinks.

I feel like I don't go out very often at all but this week has been quite the exception. Big weekend plans? I'll be doing laundry tonight - yes, folks - laundry on a Friday night. Oh yes, my life is terribly exciting.

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Melissa rambles...

Hey hey Callie! Park Slope, eh? I'm just south of there... basically between Greenwood Cemetery and Prospect Park. I go to the Slope all the time! Loved your blog, keep it up.

Jim - I started mine with no clue where it would go... and it's basically a little of this, a little of that. It's a great outlet - let's me put some stuff out there in a very safe way. Almost anonymous, but not really. You'll have fun with it.

3/25/2005 09:03:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Jim - I almost forgot! Thank you so much fo the compliment on my designs. I truly appreciate it.

3/25/2005 09:06:00 PM

 
Blogger andrew rambles...

hi melissa, thanks for dropping by. sorry to hear about the interview. HR managers can be a real dog at times. anyways, good luck on your next one!

3/26/2005 08:38:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home