round and round...

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Halfway Home, not Halfway House

I did it today. I gave my notice that I'm resigning from my job and moving to Miami. Whew! What a relief!

Sort of... It is definitely a relief in the sense that I don't have it hanging over my head anymore just waiting for the perfect moment to discuss it with my boss. The truth is that there is no perfect moment to quit any position. But this timing happened to be strangely synchronistic. I had decided that I needed to talk to my boss in the next couple of days to tell him I'm leaving and to figure out how much notice I could give. Well, this morning he walked in and told me he resigned yesterday and that his last day will be next Wednesday. Sort of opened the door for me... so, I walked right in and said there's no time like the present to talk about shitty timing, and I'm leaving, too. It was actually quite funny. I'm going to stay another month and then head down south. He said he was glad I was doing something I want to do and he wishes me the best. I mean c'mon, what else is he going to say at this point, right? He's jumping ship (albeit for a better job, a much more impressive title, and a heftier paycheck), why not the rest of us rats? I just hope that we're able to find someone to take my place before I go. I don't want to leave the other 2 teammates in the lurch. But now it seems that no matter how long or little I stay they'll be saddled with a much larger workload. I'll do my bset to finish out the projects I have going now and get the ones starting soon into a position where they can be easily taken over. That's about all I can do. I'm going to do everything I can to make it as painless on the other 2 as possible. I just don't know how successful I'm going to be at that. It's one thing for the bossman to leave, it's another for me to go, too and leave them with double workload to distribute. I know, I know - not really my problem. Would they have these same feelings if they were the ones leaving me? Who knows. What I do know is that I need to get over it.

Now - it's time to start packing! (again!)

0 What people are saying:

Post a Comment

<< Home