round and round...

Monday, June 27, 2005

Special Agent: Change

The man who cares for the plants in my office is a remarkable person. He's intelligent and perceptive and filled with all sorts of artistry and creativity. It's quite late, and I need to get some sleep before work tomorrow, so this will be short... but the plant man said something to me that has been marinating for a few days now and it's worth repeating:

"Remember that we are all alchemists,
Do not wait until death to be a shape shifter."

That resonated with me. It struck a chord. I'll probably never forget it, actually. Change is not only a good thing, it's attainable and not something that needs to be frightening and intimidating. The trick is to embrace the change and go with it. Fear and pain come into play when you fight the change. So, don't fight it. Don't wait until it's too late to better yourself. Lesson from the plant man.

0 What people are saying:

Post a Comment

<< Home