round and round...

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Achoooooo. Sniffle. Cough. Blech.

This was taken at K's wedding in September. I'm perky, alert, healthy looking. If you saw me right now you wouldn't think the girl in that picture and the girl before you were the same person. I am so stuffed up and congested I can hardly think. My head feels like it's stuffed with cotton balls and baseball cleats. I don't know where this cold came from, but it really needs to go back there and leave me alone. This is how bad it is - someone asked me this morning "what's wrong with your face?". Nice. Made me feel like a million bucks. What's wrong with my face is that it's red and puffy because I slept about 2 hours last night and blew my nose almost a thousand times. Now I actually look like a peeloh face. This cold came out of nowhere. I think my body is pissed off that I had too much fun in Brooklyn last weekend.

If Cuban Lady asks me one more time if I'm sick I might punch her. Every time I've sneezed (we're talking a lot of sneezes) she's said something along the lines of "Melissa, you sound awful. You sound like me one time when..." and then she launches into some tale of illness from her past. So far all the stories have been different. It's amazing that this woman can remember her colds well enough to complain about them years later.

I need more Sudafed and my bed. Stat.

2 What people are saying:

Blogger Blue rambles...

Aw Melissa, you're so pretty!

11/10/2005 11:27:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Aww, thanks, Cat! Sure wish I felt pretty! haha

11/11/2005 11:02:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home