round and round...

Friday, December 09, 2005

Meltdowns Make Great TV

It's no secret that I am obsessed with Project Runway - Bravo's brilliant reality show about fashion designers who compete for a nest egg to start their own lines and a mentorship with Banana Republic. I think it's smart and entertaining and I get really into it. I get so into it that I scream at the TV as if the contestants can hear me. I tell them when they're great and when they suck eggs. Much like when I'm watching the Steelers play football, but in a much more stylish manner. So, when the man suggested that I keep track of the challenges the designers are given for each episode and then replicate those challenges myself I jumped at the idea and ran to get my notepad to begin the flurry of documentation. This weekend I'll start the challenge fiesta. I'm getting 6 yards of muslin and $20 for supplies. I have to make an ensemble that captures my essence as a designer with only those components. Oh, the wheels are turning, boys and girls. The hamster is running at top speed.

Hopefully next Tuesday night there will be more ridiculous and delicious drama like that seen this past week. Andrae lost his mind and had a meltdown of nuclear proportions for millions to see. I loved it. Zulema revealed her true bitchy self, for which I'm glad because it's nice to have a clear leader in the character-you-hate-the-most race. She's like Omarosa and Martha Stewart's love child with a little bit of an immigrant's chip on her shoulder. It's fantastic.

Non sequitur: my local NPR station is doing their pledge drive (ugh) and I think someone just got fired because there's dead air... has been for about 6 minutes now. Way to go, chief.

Non sequitur numero dos: I think Cuban Lady fell out of her chair yesterday. I have no confirmation of that because I didn't get up to go see if it had happened. Yep, I'm going to hell. But that's OK, because K will be there, too. We'll totally keep each other company.

1 What people are saying:

Blogger Melissa rambles...

Loser? My K-Dawg? Never. One day you'll see it. And on that day you'll get into talking shit about all the people, but you won't get into it like I do. Because, well... you're not nearly a much of a dorkwad as I am.

12/10/2005 07:43:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home