round and round...

Monday, September 10, 2007

Ah, celebrity

Like just about every other neighborhood in New York, last week my humble block joined the ranks of "Law & Order shot here". My block was used in scenes for a new episode and it was pretty cool. Aside from the parking restrictions for a full day and the local gawkers there wasn't any disruption to the neighborhood.

Some of you may remember a mention of a wedding I called off about 5 years ago. The guy I didn't marry (thank Whatever Deity You May Choose) was good friends with Jeremy Sisto, the new guy on Law & Order (also from White Squall, Clueless, Suicide Kings, Wrong Turn), in high school back in Chicago.

Well, I was walking Duke on Friday past the shoot and there was a guy with a King Charles Spaniel sitting on the sidewalk across the street from the house the shoot was using, so of course Duke had to say hi. Well, sniff butt, but that's "hi" in dogspeak. The dogs were getting acquainted and the guy & I were chatting, but in that way that lacks eye contact and any meaningful substance while one's dogs are sniffing and licking and doing that dog thing they do. This brief time period also included Duke peeing on a producer's notebook that she left on the ground by a lamppost. Felt bad about that, but I didn't see it and he is a dog after all... About 3 minutes of chatting (and apologizing) went by I actually looked at the guy and realized it was the very same actor the guy I didn't marry was friends with.

I asked him if he knew said Guy I Didn't Marry and of course, he did and we ended up chatting for about 20 mins. Very nice guy, very unlike his character on Six Feet Under (Billy - uber creepy brother of whatshername, I've had nightmares about him... which of course, I told Jeremy. He seemed to get a kick out of that.). It was a nice little brush with celebrity in my own backyard, well on my own block. You know what I mean.

6 What people are saying:

Blogger a/k/a Nadine rambles...

Hi! I just popped over from The Upbeat Divorcee. We don't ever have celebrities in our midst, but I'd certainly let my dog sniff his dog.

9/11/2007 09:24:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

How cool is that?! You are so lucky...living in such an amazing city and meeting such an interesting person!

I was completely obsessed with Six Feet Under....I agree, his character Billy was so hauntingly creepy, but so intriguing. Jeremy Sisto is an amazing actor...I can't wait to see him on Law & Order!!

I never get to see celebrities. Of course I live way out in the far burbs from Chicago (aka the sticks) but when I'm downtown...or in Toronto with Mr. Hottie, I look and look, but never see any celebs. Darn! lol

9/11/2007 09:55:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Hi Nadine - welcome! His dog was almost as cute as he is. ;-)

retro girl - I felt a little silly telling him how much he creeped me out as Billy, but he actually appreciated it. Whew! You'll just have to come to NYC for a few days sometime. Famous folks galore in these parts. :-)

9/11/2007 11:08:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

I am from Spanish Harlem and back in the '90s my neigborhood was ALWAYS the go-to place for NY Undercover!

9/11/2007 11:23:00 AM

 
Blogger James Burnett rambles...

That's cool to know that Sisto is a nice guy. You're right about his Six Feet Under character - completely creepy, and believably creepy, the kind of creepy that makes you wonder if the actor really has stuff in common with the character!

9/12/2007 01:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Cool encounter!

I totally was creeped out by Billy also on SFU

9/24/2007 10:50:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home