round and round...

Monday, December 31, 2007

It's 2:30AM and Matthew's making creme brulee...

I don't think I could have it any better if I tried. He's putting 3 pans of ramekins in water baths into the oven and the whole apartment smells like vanilla - real vanilla beans steeped in creamy custard. They'll chill in the fridge until tomorrow night when he'll bust out his new kitchen torch and *voila* creme brulee for everyone at our dinner party! Well, for those who'd prefer it to the molten chocolate cakes I'm making, that is. So happy, can't wait!

There's something about ringing in 2008 with Matthew, 12 friends, Duke, champagne, creme brulee and Brooklyn fireworks that makes me think it's going to be the best year yet.

Labels: , ,

2 What people are saying:

Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Please...save the leftovers for me!!

12/31/2007 12:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I sure hope you are right about it being the best year yet!

1/02/2008 12:21:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home