round and round...

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hello? Is it just me here? Oh. Yeah. It is.


Working from home is weird. I'm working a lot, more than at the office. The difference is that I'm all by myself and I can run errands whenever I need to. Today I met my friend, Jon, for coffee in the middle of the afternoon. He's a freelancer. He tells me I'll get used to this. I tell him it would be vastly different if I were working for myself, which I'm clearly not doing. We'll see, I guess. We'll see how this goes.

On a lighter note, I had the best latte of my life today. Not with Jon, at a different coffee shop in the morning after I went to the bank (it's definitely nice to go to the bank when there's no one else there, but the coffee shops are still crowded at 10:30, so no difference there). Yes, I went to 2 coffee shops today. I know, I have a problem. Gorilla coffee - they roast only fair trade, organic beans every day in Brooklyn and the dude at the shop on 5th Ave made me the most beautiful, delicious latte ever this morning. He put the little leaf motif in the steamed milk even though it was covered with a "to go" lid. That's masterful work. Delish. Still thinking about it... *le sigh*

Labels: ,

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

You'll get in the swing of things but I dont' think I could work at home either.
THANK YOU for the beautiful comment you left about Holly. It means a lot.

12/12/2007 10:06:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I work from home every Monday and Friday and I'll vouch for what you said about getting more done, it's a fact. The little breaks I would usually use downtown to get coffee, or chat with a co-worker, I use to throw in a load of laundry or run the dishwasher. It's awesome.

If you haven't already, invest in phone with speaker and mute buttons. I find these pretty valuable. I can be on a meeting and keep everyone from hearing Laddie bark, and I can be hands-free on a boring call.

12/13/2007 06:26:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

I'll totally meet you there one day for coffee...that place is awesome.

12/16/2007 03:34:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home