round and round...

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween...


(this is me at our work Halloween party Tuesday night. My homage to Marcel Marceau. Funny, right? A mime? I never shut up.)

I’ve been thinking about last night and I’m getting peeved about kids. I got home from work, loaded up a big bowl with candy, put some creepy candles on the steps outside, then Duke and I sat and waited for trick or treaters. The adorable wee ones were out first, of course. Toddlers, elementary schoolers, that lot. Super cute and funny. Loved the candy and the little tubs of Play-Doh (for the wee ones) I had.

Then about 45 minutes into it the older kids came out. There were so many doofus teenagers last night who shoved their way in front of little kids I wanted to puke. I like the little kids in their cute costumes... I really do. But the stupidass teenagers who put zero effort into dressing up and just carry black plastic bags from the bodega drive me mad. On top of the fact that they didn't dress up there was a group of them who kept reaching into the bowl of candy I was holding after I'd already put candy in the bags they'd shoved into my face without saying "trick or treat". Um, that's a no-no. A big no-no. The common decency rules of Halloween dictate that the trick or treater does not reach to grab more candy from the candy giver's bowl. I had good candy, too. No cheap shit. We're talking Snickers, Reese's cups, Kit Kat, M&Ms, good stuff. I'd give them some candy and then they'd say, "Yo, I could get a Snickers?" Uh, no, I gave you a Reese's and a few Tootsie Rolls and that's what you get. You don't want the Reese's? Go home, spread your loot out on the floor, sort your piles, and trade for your friend's Snickers. That's how it's done.

Now I feel old. Teenagers annoy me and that makes me feel old.

8 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I'm older than you and it has pissed me off for a long time.
To me 12 is the cut-off age for trick or treaters. period. Unless they are visibly mentally-challenged and forever childlike.

11/01/2007 01:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Oh and you were the cutest mime ever!

11/01/2007 01:46:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I had teenagers come up to the door, no costume, no bag to put candy in, just their skateboards. I gave them candy, they opened it and ate it right there on my steps. No "Trick or Treat" and no "Thank you" BAH!!

11/02/2007 08:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Your costume is awesome!

Teenagers annoy me too...lol. We were never obnoctious like that, were we?! heheh....

I think 11 or 12 is the cutoff age for halloween, too. Those greedy brats need to go buy their own damn candy.

11/04/2007 08:09:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

i'm not sure if i've ever missed you more in my entire life. *sigh*

11/06/2007 09:05:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

p.s. mimes do look like clowns.

11/06/2007 09:06:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

They do not!

;-)

11/06/2007 11:52:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Cool Blog!

11/18/2007 05:38:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home