round and round...

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

All hope is not lost


I was getting to the point where I hated weddings and all that goes along with them... and then we found a venue and a caterer that doesn't want to charge us a million dollars or make us sign over our unborn first male child. Remarkable. Plus the caterer is Brooklyn-based and the location can't get much more Brooklyncentric (Historical Society! Check out the pic of the Library - that's our place. Unreal.).

Sorry I've been so absent. Been crazy busy (again). Will have something interesting soon, promise. Small recap of recent weeks: I got a teeny tiny eensy weensy raise (3%! Gag me.), we got a renewal lease for the coming year and our rent went up 5% (notice: raise in salary not equal to raise in rent), MT flipped out on his boss upon hearing his boss call someone "a goddamn pussy" for the fiftieth time and didn't go to work for 4 days... in the process he brokered himself a $30k raise and got his boss to admit that he has anger issues (no joke - I'm amazed that all went down), we had out of town guests and I made a fabulous brunch, NYC has had a preview of Fall with temps in the 70s and it's been beautiful, I got an additional client at work and am back to working like crazy again.

1 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Way to go on the 30k that ought to make up for the 5% rent increase ;)

9/24/2007 10:48:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home