round and round...

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Woof and meows all around



I haven't had my scan yet, but it's coming up and I'm sure everything will be fine. My headache finally went away.

I'll be working from home starting in a few weeks, so my schedule will have a bit more flex. I'm going to start volunteering at BARC - Brooklyn Animal Rescue Coalition. They're a privately funded animal rescue group that has a shelter and a pet supply & grooming shop. The shelter is run with the proceeds from the shop and donations from the private sector (no government subsidies). I'll be taking photos of the animals to be posted on BARC's own site plus adoption sites like petfinder, plus I'll do a walking shift with the dogs after the photo stuff. Cool, eh? I'm super excited about it. MT & Duke & I aren't quite ready to bring another furry thing into our one bedroom Brooklyn apartment, but we talk about it all the time and sometime soon we'll get Duke a little brother. I have a feeling I'll be bringing home one of the BARC dogs sooner rather than later.

Sometimes I might even take the Dukester with me. He'd love it. Lots of butts to sniff. Yum.

Labels: , ,

4 What people are saying:

Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

That sounds like very rewarding work. Hopefully you won't get too smitten with too many of those furry little friends...I'd want to take them ALL home.

11/19/2007 08:57:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Yay for buttsniffing LOL

I can't do this kind of work because i'd end up with a ton of pets. I am so-o-o-o sentimental. I do my part in other ways though. Good for you Melissa for such an unselfish act!

11/19/2007 09:57:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Oh, Patti, honey it's not unselfish. It's the most gratifying thing getting to play with those animals. I get way more from it than they do. I've started to think of it as the most selfish volunteering I could add to my roster! Ha!

I'm going to try very hard not to start a barnyard in my living room. I'll keep you guys posted on how that all works out. ;-)

11/19/2007 10:26:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I'm so glad you're doing this!!!!

11/19/2007 05:39:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home