round and round...

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

My stupid brain


I woke up this morning with a headache. My sinuses were going nuts and the pressure in my noggin was pretty bad. I took some decongestant and went to work. I'm prone to sinus headaches, so this was nothing new.

About 11:30 it started to get very bad. The pressure was worse and I started to get light sensitive. That's a warning that a migraine is on the way. Not wanting to get pukey at the office I came home and crawled under the covers. I was there from 1:00 until 8:00 when MT got home. I couldn't get up. Just sitting up made my whole head throb so badly it made me cry. I cry at the drop of a hat because of emotions, but it takes a good bit of pain to make me cry. MT called our doctor, went to his office, Dr. Awesome stayed an hour & 1/2 after his office closed, had already gone to the pharmacy across the street and gotten me a prescription by the time MT got there. It was amazing. He called me and talked to me about what's going on in my head and what kind of pain it is, etc. Who said New Yorkers are cold and rude?

Next week I have to get a CAT scan. Lovely. I'm a little nervous about it. I'm sure it will be fine, I just don't want to be in that machine. I also don't want the results. I had a head injury 12 years ago and my headaches have been getting worse. I just want them to go away. I've been avoiding the tests for about a year. Can't wait anymore. Between Dr. Awesome and MT I've got no choice. They'll annoy the hell out of me until I make the appointment. Plus, now Kristie knows and she'll probably call and make the damn thing for me.

Labels:

6 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

You gotta do what you gotta do honey. I have a CT scan this Friday (first time - nervous!) if it's any consolation. Wishing the best for you!

woo hoo for the awesome Doc!!!

11/07/2007 09:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

*HUGS*
Just wear your ipod in the machine (they'll probably give you headphones to put on) music will make it more bearable....

Migraines are awful and painful. I hope they give you something that will help prevent them....

What a great doctor! Docs like that are getting harder to find....

Take care....*HUGS* Keep us posted.
i know you'll be fine....
saying a prayer for you...

11/07/2007 10:42:00 AM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

Dear Melissa's Head:

Stop hurting now. Or I will beat you up.

Sincerely, The Rover

ps - I'm back now, so if you need anything I'm only a few blocks away...

11/07/2007 03:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Better to know than not to know, m'dear. Even if it's super scary.

I'll be thinking about you.

11/07/2007 04:18:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Wow... never has so much happened to one blogger in two months. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for stopping by motormouth.blogharbor.com/blog with the skinny on Jack's announcement. And mazel tov on your impending nuptials!

11/15/2007 04:52:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown rambles...

I had this type of scan a few times and would encourage you to do it. Knowledge gives me a feeling of some control. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

11/17/2007 08:56:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home