round and round...

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ah yes, me again

I've been tagged by cajunvegan. No, not vegan as in doesn't eat animal products of any sort. Vegan as in lives in Las Vegas. Get it? I love the title of her blog - I Read Banned Books. How cool is that?

The tag is to list the 7 most famous or infamous people I have ever met or to do the typical 7 weird things about me meme. I'm going to tackle the infamous/famous people side. We'll see how this goes...

1) Tim Gunn - Fashionisto. Brilliant mentor. Met him several times near Parsons a couple years ago. The 3rd time I ran into him he actually remembered me. He's very nice and genuine - he looks you in the eye when he speaks to you even if you're just a stranger.

2) Philip Seymour Hoffman - Actor. Genius. Lit my cig back in the days of smoking after seeing a play he directed at The Public Theatre. I love that he uses 3 names. He was born in Fairport, NY. I used to live there. Weird.

3) Matthew's ex-girlfriend. Not naming her. But, the reason I include her is that she was my favorite musician for 3 years. Her music was the soundtrack to my life, I went to her shows all the time. I had such a strong personal connection to her songs. M & I met at one of her shows (scandalous!) and the next week they had broken up. Turns out he & I had been in the same room dozens of times and never met until that one night almost 2 years ago. Crazy. I haven't listened to her in 2 years. I still have some sadness that her music is missing from my life, but when I learned the real stories behind those lyrics I loved so much they lost meaning for me. I still keep her in my iPod, but I don't listen anymore.

4) Michael Fay - Remember this kid? He got caned in Singapore for spray painting cars. I know him from his prep school days.

5) Jon Stewart - Funny, sexy man. He was walking with his kid in a stroller. Wearing a ballcap. Adorable. Short - about 5'6". Totally lickable. Yeah, lickable. Plus, he changed THE Daily Show to A Daily Show while the writers are on strike because he maintains it's not the same show. Love that.

6) Amy Sedaris - Hilarious. Actor. Comedienne. Crafter. Personal hero.

7) Jeremy Sisto - Actor. Ran into him on my block. He brings the hotness. Actually high school friends with a guy I almost married about 5 years ago. Dodged that bullet!

There are rules to this game. Tags shall be bestowed upon unsuspecting fellow bloggers of note. Don't feel like you have to, but if you want to give it a shot, have at it! If you tag someone you have to tell them in a comment on their blog. Here goes: The Rover, Retro Girl, Safa, Jenn, Sandra.

Labels:

6 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Melissa you know some interesting people!

1/31/2008 01:06:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

You get me. You really get me.

VAY-gun, peeps!

You are so my favorite person today.

1/31/2008 07:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Woah! What a list!! *ok I am dying to know about the mystery-musician-woman...but totally respect the whole privacy gig*LOL.

Thanks for tagging me...I think..lol. I haven't met that many famous people...so I might blend it...some famous meet/greets with random facts...

I'm still in awe of your amazing dedication to blogging everyday! I've noticed I've reduced to Mon & Fridays lately...sheesh! (hint, I need to get a life! lol)

2/01/2008 10:47:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Tim Gunn recognized you, oh. my. god!!! Somehow that doesn't surprise me at all that he's so personable, he has a very good aura, that guy.

I've done the 7 things a few times so I may have to really think about this one. Not sure I've even met 7 famous people?? Hmm, let me mull.

2/01/2008 11:56:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

patti - living in NYC helps. If I lived anywhere else I wouldn't have had any of those encounters... hence no Matthew. Well, maybe it would have just taken me longer to find him. ;-)

cajunvegan - *snort*


retro girl - believe it or not, she's pretty much an east coast phenom, not much national exposure. Although, I heard through the grapevine that she just inked a major label deal. If she blows up I'll tell you who she is. She's super talented... but the person behind the music is far less compelling than the music. Oh what the hell, email me. I'll tell you. :-)

sandra - I know! How awesome was that? Tim Gunn recognized little old me. He's fab. He's just totally himself, it's so good to see that in someone as successful as he is.

2/01/2008 04:22:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

I'm down for the tag - if you tell me who the g'f is. (You've probably already told me, but my mind is a sieve.)

2/02/2008 09:21:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home