round and round...

Saturday, January 05, 2008

First Saturday

Just got back from Brooklyn Museum First Saturday where we waltzed. Yep, you read that right - the regular dance party portion of the monthly event was themed this month... the waltz! It was awesome. Live musicians, instructors to show you how to do the dance properly, then a couple hours of non-stop waltzing. We kept up for about 20 minutes and then decided it was time to go home and have dinner, but it was very cool. The waltz isn't one of those dances I get to see very often, so to behold hundreds of people of all ages, races, shapes, and sizes out on the dance floor waltzing around spinning gracefully (and sometimes not so gracefully) was a sight to see.

Plus, a stranger asked me to dance, which is always flattering no matter how you slice it. He was a woefully bad waltzer and his entire premise of requesting a dance was that he could teach me how to do it. So, basically it was just a front to get to dance with chicks, but I gotta hand it to him for being ballsy. At least he has that going for him. Luckily, after a few moments my friend twirled her way over to me, grabbed my hand, pulled me back to our little group and spun me around until he was gone.

Labels: ,

1 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I love to watch a waltz.. so graceful!

1/07/2008 10:35:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home