round and round...

Monday, February 18, 2008

Blown away

*scribbled in my notebook...

Ever have one of those experiences where you are completely surprised and caught off guard? I just had one. The bridal shower M's family just threw for me was amazing. I'm really shocked that so many people came and brought such lavish gifts. Don't get me wrong, I know getting married is a big deal, but these folks went all out and I'm beyond touched at their generosity.

I have reached official adulthood, people. I now own a KitchenAid stand mixer. I am in awe of it. It sits in my kitchen in all its chrome glory watching over the lowly appliances with regal authority. It is joined on the throne by the Breville espresso machine. Together they will rule this happy kingdom in harmony and good taste.

Labels: , , ,

4 What people are saying:

Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I can't believe you didn't say what COLOR KitchenAid stand mixer, that's the coolest part, those funky colors they come in! I like the red.

People went all out for you because they believe you as a couple. I swear that is why it was so surprisingly wonderful for you. When people I know get married that I believe are doomed, I could care less about the shower, the parties, the gift registries. When I'm truly, SINCERELY happy for a couple, I go all out for them. Seriously, that's why your shower rocked.

2/19/2008 03:33:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Sorry! It's chrome. It's beautiful. :-)

Sandra, you're the second person to tell me that it's because people like us as a couple and believe that we're right together... it totally makes sense. I guess having it explained by 2 very smart women put it into perspective for me. Thanks.

2/20/2008 01:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

I love cool kitchen gadgets! Yay you!!! I'm so happy for you...wonderful experience. (I haven't forgotten your tag...I'm still trying to come up with 7..) :-)

2/20/2008 10:46:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Oh I covet me a Kitchen Aid Mixer! I like the red too but Pink is awesome also. Congrats to you!

2/22/2008 01:28:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home