round and round...

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thump, thump

Happy Valentine's Day! My valentine and I are headed to see a friend's band tonight. No heart shaped boxes of candy, no flowers and dinner at a crowded restaurant. Just us hanging out with friends we love, watching our badass friend bang on her drums. A pretty perfect evening if you ask me.

As Sandra reminded me - tommorrow is 1/2 off valentine candy day! Now that's something to really celebrate.

I hope that no matter who you're with, where you are, who you love, who loves you back, ... I hope this Valentine's Day that you love yourself. This is the first year I can confidently say beyond a shadow of a doubt I love me. It's the best V-Day gift I could get. Better than a heart shaped box of anything.

Labels: , ,

7 What people are saying:

Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Make Valentine's Day good. Be bad.

2/15/2008 12:04:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

cajunvegan - Check! ;-)

2/15/2008 09:38:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Very good post Melissa, it is very important to love thyself!

2/15/2008 09:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Lovely post!
You should love you---You're utterly Fabulous!!! *Grin*

Happy Belated V-Day. Have a great weekend!!

2/15/2008 11:12:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

I answered what you "axed" if you want to stop by today.

2/17/2008 06:32:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown rambles...

Sounds all Good! Hope you enjoyed he band!!!:)

2/18/2008 09:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Sadly it's always easier to love ourselves when someone else loves us. I've noticed I need to work on that not mattering :)

2/19/2008 03:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home