round and round...

Sunday, May 11, 2008

'Nuff said

I love you, Mom. Thanks for teaching me, guiding me, making me laugh, laughing at me, bandaging scraped knees and bruised pride, scolding me, hugging me, putting me to bed, waking me up, loving me and helping me become who I am.

At my wedding when a group of my friends told you how much they love me you said, "She's pretty awesome, eh? She's the me I never was." And you smiled from ear to ear. I told you as we got ready that evening that I'd never seen you look more beautiful. Truth is, you're always beautiful to me.

8 What people are saying:

Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

I'm just reading...and shaking my head...your beautiful photos, posts about your travels, your amazing mom...it's all so wonderful. I'm so happy for you. So in awe. Thank you for sharing all of this with all of us! You are a very eloquent writer and so gracious to share such joyous, intimate details...your joy is contagious! :-)

Congrats again!
And happy Mother's day...fellow Doggy Mom

5/11/2008 07:04:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Retro Girl - Your comments are always big hugs waiting for me in my inbox. You know what I was thinking about this morning as we walked behind a mom with her wee one slung on her back? I was thinking about how thrilled you'll be when you get the call from the agency about your child. See, the mom had short, red hair and her baby had dark hair and almond eyes. Even though we've never met you showed up in my Brooklyn day today. That's pretty special, I think.

5/11/2008 07:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Lynilu rambles...

What a sweet tribute to your mother, and her words about you,too.

Welcome home!

5/11/2008 09:25:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Your mom is awesome.

5/12/2008 02:22:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Welcome Home Mrs! Your Mom sounds like quite a lady. She's the You who is yet to be, eh?

5/12/2008 09:28:00 AM

 
Blogger Marissa rambles...

tear, tear! this made me cry! what a beautiful post.

5/12/2008 03:22:00 PM

 
Blogger Anisa rambles...

SO, SO sweet. you are a beautiful person inside and out. you deserve to be so, so happy - here's to hoping you always are as happy as you are right now.

5/12/2008 03:40:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Hey! I didn't know how far back - in terms of posts - to go to catch up, but hopefully you believe in better late than never: congratulations!!! And welcome to the world of engulfing your life in someone else's. Seriously though, I've been following your marriage prep on this blog for a long time. You have a big heart. So it will be a short learning curve for you. I wish you guys lifelong happiness together.

5/20/2008 10:29:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home