round and round...

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sick?

Ode to the pharmaceutical industry:

I'm tired, can't sleep tight.
My head hurts, don't feel right.
My life is depressing.
This wound needs clean dressing.
I'm weak, feel so helpless.
My legs, they're quite restless.
My whole body's aching,
My heart might be breaking.
My teeth, how they've yellowed.
My sex life? It's mellowed.
Not sure what to do,
I'm feeling so blue.
Just want it to stop,
Maybe some pill to pop?
I've shed many tears,
These ads play to my fears.
Everything has a name,
Ads say I'm not to blame.
I'm too fat, I'm too thin,
There are marks on my skin.
All those packs that I smoke,
They're now just a big joke;
Ads say I'm free and clear.
Same goes for my fat rear!
Take this pill, sip this drink;
No loose hairs in your sink!
Don't you want to look younger?
Swallow this, curb that hunger!
You're not yet medicated?
You should be educated.
These ads give so much info,
They all make me feel so...
Lazy
Energetic
Fat
Skinny
Hungry
Full
Happy
Sad
Better
Worse
Bought
Sold
Enabled
American
Pathetic

Labels: , , , , ,

7 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

gah. Now I feel yucky. Gee, thanks!

:D

6/24/2008 05:55:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Wow you've got talent!

6/24/2008 10:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

This would sound so great, spoken...at a Poetry Slam....
You'd be such a rockstar at it!!


Feel Better *hugs*

6/25/2008 10:14:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

I still love you.

Word verification says "itfux." Come on; that has to make you smile.

6/25/2008 09:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown rambles...

Perfect.

6/26/2008 10:55:00 AM

 
Blogger Anisa rambles...

that kicked ass.

6/26/2008 04:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I hope you are feeling better!!!

6/30/2008 12:17:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home