round and round...

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Shrimp & Champagne... Happy Thursday

Just got back from dinner with 2 friends (3rd pretty late night this week). These particular friends are women I work with, and am lucky enough to call "friends" as well. They're great people and we went to a restaurant with a spectacular view of the NYC skyline. 2 bottles of champagne and many plates of seafood later we know a little more about each other, added a few belly laughs to our collections, and walked away with a good feeling inside about life and friendship and, well... champagne.

Tonight's dinner was one of a few dinners this week with friends. That's a strange thing for me because I generally spend a lot of time by myself. I'm out and about a lot, usually alone, wandering in the city somewhere. I like doing that (satisfies the explorer/crazy/nomad/loner/seeker in me), but it's a welcome break to get to spend time with people I truly enjoy and don't get to see very often. This big place can be lonely, so good company really packs a punch.

Tuesday night I went out with a friend who is one of the funniest people I know. He says funny things a lot, and often without awareness of the humor, or at least, absent a humorous intent. The best yet, "You see, I'm an awkward person..." Priceless. Funny if you don't know him, immensely funnier if you do. I think his brain works in ways that mine can only hope to understand at some point. Like his mind functions on a higher level or something, and he can't only think about one thing at a time. That's not to say he doesn't focus, not the case at all (he's intense), but it's as if he's always got about 4 other thoughts going on - all at various stages of complexity and development. It's pretty fascinating. I like talking with him a lot. He makes me think. Thinking is good. Tuesday was a good day.

I'm so tired right now that I can't think. That's not good. Must sleep now. ZZZzzzzzz...

0 What people are saying:

Post a Comment

<< Home