round and round...

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

82 Bits & Baubles

1) Sometimes when the rain comes down really hard and in buckets I wish for a brief moment that it will wash me away and all the dirt and grime associated with my life will get washed away with me.
2) My friends are incredibly strong in their own ways.
3) Most of them have experienced a tragedy.
4) Tragedy has made me a stronger, yet weaker person. The only way that makes sense is if you feel the same way.
5) Laughter is contagious and best when it's also uncontrollable.
6) I think that when Duke burps it's really funny and it makes me giggle.
7) I think that when I burp it's usually really gross and I don't giggle at all, unless it's one of those sneak attack burps that come from nowhere without warning and alarm everyone within earshot, including myself.
8) I like clothes. Sometimes I like clothes more than I like people.
9) When I'm on the beach and the water laps over the sand and the palm trees sway in the breeze I forget that I'm broke and not where I want to be in my life. That doesn't refer to location, per se. More like a reference to accomplishment.
10) I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with myself and I don't think that's a bad thing.
11) I love the way Duke looks when he's sleeping all curled up on the floor.
12) I hate the way the house smells when Duke has an accident and craps on the floor.
13) I'm a terrible tennis player, but it's a lot of fun for me to get out on the court and try to smack that ball around with the man.
14) The man is a great coach - he can explain things in a way that makes complete sense to me like very few people ever have. And he never makes me feel like I can't do it. (even when I'm really quite pathetic)
15) Pizza is very tasty.
16) Cheese makes me sick, but I love to eat it.
17) Without email I'd be terrible at keeping in touch. I don't know if that's a sign of laziness or my unwillingness to part with instant gratification.
18) I used to think that the term "online community" was ridiculous. Now I value my online friends.
19) Anderson Cooper is the hottest thing in broadcast news.
20) I find tattoos intriguing - even more intriguing when they're on someone you wouldn't expect them to be, or in places that surprise you.
21) I can't wait to get my next one. It might be coming soon to a small screen near you.
22) I'm looking forward to K's wedding more than I ever looked forward to my own. Thank God I didn't have it.
23) The thought of having kids at once repulses me and draws me in. The thought of it is nice, but the reality of it is nothing I want to fathom right now and I don't know if it ever will be. I'd love to have a family and put down some roots, but I can barely take care of myself. Maybe it's a confidence thing, I'm not sure.
24) Know-it-alls irritate me and yet I know that I come across that way sometimes. I guess I irritate myself sometimes.
25) I'm totally a leg woman. Legs are some of my favorite body parts. Not my own, but other peoples' are great.
26) Maybe the best thing about Miami - Cuban toast and cafe con leche. If I could eat that every day for breakfast I would.
27) If I could eat that every day for breakfast and still lose the 10 lbs. I want to shed I'd be beside myself with joy.
28) Losing these last 10 lbs. has been very hard - even harder because my eating habits have been for shit the last 3 months and although I know damn well it's terrible, I keep doing it.
29) I'm a professional self-saboteur.
30) I wish that wasn't the case.
31) I really admire K's determination. I wish I had a little more of that.
32) The man is the first person to ever touch me in ways both intellectual and physical that are equally thrilling.
33) It shames me, but sometimes when I see other peoples' success it makes me hate them a little and hate myself even more. I don't like that about myself.
34) I have pretty cute feet when they're not all dry from walking around in flip flops every day.
35) Most days I don't like my freckles, but today I think they're so "me" that I'd be less "me" without them.
36) I'm fiercely protective of people I love.
37) Fresh peaches and vanilla ice cream is one of the best summer time treats, and I haven't had it once this summer.
38) The sight of roosters in our neighborhood makes me laugh.
39) The sight of broken down cars sitting in front of peoples' houses in our neighborhood makes me sad and a little angry.
40) I don't like the fact that 2 streets away there are curbs, but our street has none. It's shocking how much more put-together a street looks with curbs. I want some damn curbs.
41) I wish I was in better shape, but I'm not doing much to get there.
42) It makes me feel bad because I want the man to have a hot me and not a soft, weakling me.
43) My fashion show terrifies me.
44) Wearing heels makes me feel sexy.
45) Swedish Fish are my favorite candy.
46) I wish I were really skilled at a few things and not pretty good at a lot. It's harder that way. Jack of all trades...
47) Politicians generally disgust me. Living in DC for 8 years opened my eyes to the amount of real work that gets done there - it's not much.
48) I miss New York a lot. I don't know that I'd be OK with living there again right now, though. Absence makes the heart grow fonder? Not really, absence makes the difficulty of a place fade and the high points shine like diamonds.
49) I sometimes question the move I made to Miami. But every time I see the man walk through the front door the question is silenced and I have my answer.
50) I feel like an idiot when I think of the real problems going on in the world after a hearty session of stressing out over my fashion show. Suck it up, blondie, and do your thing. Almost like I owe it to the world because I'm in a position to be able to pull it off. Not everyone has this kind of opportunity. I'm broke and behind in my bills, but I'm still better off than people who lost home and loved ones from Katrina.
51) I'd like to not feel quite as absurd when I say I'm a graphic designer. That's what I do for a living, but it's such low-level stuff that it barely qualifies. Some days I think a chimp could do my job... and with more flair.
52) I no longer feel comfortable defending President Bush. I still respect the office, but I've held out as long as I can with respect for him as a person. It's all gone. I tried.
53) I don't like people playing the race card. I think it's a cop-out. Take action and try to be a change agent. I think that's the only way. The more hot breath you waste the less energy you have to lend a kind word.
54) I really like Angelina Jolie. She's a wacko, but I think she's a good hearted wacko and I like her.
55) I think I have an internet addiction. I see no need to remedy that.
56) I don't like liking gossip, but I do.
57) I believe that people in the public eye don't give the general population enough credit. The "dumbing down" of society is something that only happens in pockets.
58) I can't stand the veins on the backs of my thighs. I'm 28 and I have veins that show all the time. It grosses me out.
59) I don't mind my crows feet. I have these little wrinkles around my eyes that show where I've been.
60) I'm completely OK with knowing I'm smart. I didn't used to be.
61) I get very angry when I see women acting less intelligent than they are because they think it will benefit them.
62) I get even angrier when it works.
63) Wars and fights and hatred based on religion disgust me.
64) I wish The Far Side and Calvin & Hobbs never would have stopped running.
65) Dave Barry used to make me laugh every Sunday with his columns. Now he's taking some much needed time off and I take it personally.
66) Mental health medications make me nervous.
67) My country's propensity toward medicating for every last little thing makes me even more nervous.
68) My country's tendency to be fat scares me and embarrasses me.
69) I wish my passport had even one stamp in it.
70) I know I really need a car, but I really don't like the thought of paying for one. I've come to grips with the fact that we've had the Jeep for a month now and we still don't have the title. Even if it comes soon the car isn't as sound as we had thought.
71) Martha Stewart sometimes inspires me and sometimes makes me ill. Lately it's been the latter.
72) The couple found yesterday in Ohio who kept 8 children in cages at their home should be kept in cages in their jail cells.
73) I wish I were more honest with myself more often. For the good and the bad.
74) I really don't like spyware.
75) It would be great if Miami had more accessible great food. New York spoiled me.
76) I would be more content if I could follow through with one idea and finish out the concept before bolting off to the next thing. I think I'd feel more settled and accomplished.
77) It would be great if I could have half the big ideas that come out of the man's head. His brain is unbelievable.
78) Sometimes I wish I didn't look like me. But I can never decide on what I'd like to look like if I could choose. Guess that means be happy with what I have.
79) J told be a story today about how she mixed up two thoughts and ended up saying something really funny - I do that all the time. I flip the first letters of words or combine 2 sentences and come out with some absurd sentence.
80) I like seeing people who break fashion rules - red with pink and brown with black, patterns with stripes.
81) Finding out that a friend isn't who you thought they were is tough. I try to be as much me as I can.
82) The cost of plane tickets makes me sad. I'd see my family and friends a whole lot more often if it weren't so damn high.

6 What people are saying:

Blogger Blue rambles...

4) - yes i understand that perfectly
44) - me too
55) - nods in agreement again
64) - i miss them as well, i used to laugh until i cried at the far side and still have some of them cut out in a box somewhere in the loft. one of the funniest 'far sides' i ever saw was a flower, sat with a book on her knee and a look of horror on her face. the caption read ... 'as lucy opened the page she let out a scream, there was donald, his strange disappearance no longer a mystery' it made such an impression that how many years later i still remember it and it still makes me laugh out loud!

cat xx

9/13/2005 05:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

82 is a strange place to stop?

Thanks for stopping by, and for your comment. I really was only talking about a kiss you know, it's just a whim, I wasn't thinking of looking for the love of my life or hanging my hat on it...it's more being the stranger at a party that I enjoy.

I just came by for a look, and I've been stuck here for an age! I cant't believe that so few comment on whta you write, it's fascinating.

and freckles too...

11/19/2005 01:07:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for cars brisbane
cash for cars sydney

5/27/2021 10:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Delight Car Removal rambles...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for cars brisbane
cash for cars caboolture

5/27/2021 11:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Max Cash For Cars rambles...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
cash for scrap cars brisbane
cash for cars Brisbane

5/28/2021 12:03:00 AM

 
Blogger Sell8 - Car Buyers Brisbane rambles...

Good Article thanks for sharing. Sell8 are one of Queensland’s leading cash for scrap cars, located in Brisbane. Across our three Brisbane scrap yards in Gold Coast, Parkwood, and Geebung, we recycle all types of scrap metals – including scrap cars, unwanted cars, 4x4s, busses, and trucks. If you have a vehicle that needs removing or disposing of, Cash For Cars Brisbane will come and collect your vehicle or vehicle body for free – and offer you cash for cars with free towing anywhere in Brisbane!

10/15/2021 12:28:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home