round and round...

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Shameless plugs & a bit of advice

I'm off to the very exclusive salon where I get my color and cut done (a.k.a. my bathroom) for a bit of a trim and a color in a few minutes. My roots are dull and lifeless and my mop could use some pruning. Man, should have said bush, but didn't want to be dirty... bush, needs pruning. That's damn funny. haHA Anywho/way/how... the man and I went to Target tonight (Target rocks, I love Target - especially since whoever the lowlife was who stole my check card last month spent $800 of my hard-earned money at Wal-Mart and when I called them to inquire with their Loss Prevention department they put me on hold 5 times and cut me off 3 times. Wal-Mart can kiss my ass) and got the essentials... mac & cheese, razor blades, bleach, dog food, hair color, you know - all the necessities. It was a little pre-birthday celebration. That might sound a bit retarded to those of you who don't know me personally, but my birthday makes me happy and Target makes me happy and the combination of the two in close proximity makes me giddy and smiley and bubbly. Dumb? Perhaps. Overly dramatic? Of course, this is me we're talking about here. C'mon now.

I worked my part-time job today for 6 hours or so and then we made our way up north a smidge to head to Target (I hope as you're reading this you're mentally pronouncing it the yuppie, French wannabe way - "tar-zhay"). The man decided to take me on a detour to a place he thought could do me some good. After living for 6 weeks in Miami and not shopping other than grocery runs and the occasional jaunt to one of the many dollar stores around here, he figured some mall time might be just what the doctor ordered. He said that I needed a little bit of time to be surrounded by fashion and taste (not necessarily good taste...) and style. It was the most thoughtful thing. He hit the nail on the head. It was lovely. I even found (OK, that's a lie, the man found it for me... if it weren't for him my wardrobe would be pathetic) a great little jacket for - get this - $9. Yep, $9. And it's cute! And I can wear it to work! Saw a lot of horrid polyester nothingness, but that's to be expected. It was great to be in the midst of pure capitalism at work. And, this might sound awful, but know where I'm coming from when I say it... it was nice to see another person who looks like me besides the man. I'm not used to being a minority. No, wait, scratch that. I'm not used to everyone around me making sure I know that I'm the minority.

After the mall we stopped for pizza at Steve's Pizza. If you happen to be on Biscayne Blvd. and you see Steve's Pizza you should stop and eat there. Run people over to get there if you have to, the pizza is like crack. It's so damn good I almost creamed my jeans. (yeah, I said that) It is true New York pizza, like it's straight outta Brooklyn. Fugheddabowdit. Oh wow, was it amazingly tasty. It made me feel a little closer to the Big Apple and that felt great. Steve's Pizza - eat it, love it. Work, mall, pizza, Tar-zhay... Fabulous day.

Here's the advice, take it from someone who knows, ladies and gents... if you're considering coloring your own hair please, under no circumstances, use anything other than L'Oreal hair color. I've been doing this for 15 years now (dang!) and everything else is crap. Revlon fries your hair into straw-like gnarls of ugliness, Garnier fades a week after you color, Herbal Essences doesn't even cover roots. L'Oreal is the way to go, trust me. Just a little public service announcement. There's a lot of bad hair out there, I'm just trying to do my part.

0 What people are saying:

Post a Comment

<< Home