round and round...

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Katrina the hell bitch update

Morning Hurricane Watch -

6:15 AM got call that there is no work today or tomorrow
8:00 AM winds started picking up
10:05 AM rain started
10:06 AM I'm going to make some eggs & toast
11:09 AM eggs & toast were yummy, rain still coming down, Katrina officially category 1 hurricane
11:10 AM my girlfriend K is the best friend a girl could have and I'm immensely proud of her (nothing to do w/Katrina, but hey, it's my blog after all)
2:24 PM still raining, still windy, contemplating lunch... can't decide btwn pb&j and mac & cheese. healthy food, what's that?
9:04 PM rain is heavy, winds are strong, water coming in front door a bit, power flickering, I beat the man's ass at Scrabble (in other words, all is well). Made home-made crunch wrap supremes for dinner - ooh, they're goooood

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Blue rambles...

hope you're ok melissa

cat xx

8/30/2005 04:22:00 AM

 
Blogger tess rambles...

Just wanted to make sure you knew that you're in my thoughts... I hope you're doing alright.

8/30/2005 11:49:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Thanks, ladies! We made it through pretty much unscathed. Internet was down for 5 days, though! That might have very well been the hardest part! haha

8/30/2005 06:05:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home