round and round...

Thursday, August 11, 2005

I need a nap and some advice

Today I determined that my ass cannot be subjected to the extended periods of sitting that have become my normal Monday - Thursday routine. Oww. 5 hours a day for 4 days sitting in a chair at a computer makes for one sore tuchus. I think I'll have to start taking breaks to walk around the block a few times a shift. Seriously, my buttcheeks are sore. This is nuts.

I'm sleepy today. It could be because I've been sleeping badly since the man has been away and waking up before dawn. I think I'm going to take a little nap and then do some dishes before I go pick him up at the airport tonight. 4 & 1/2 hours left...

One quick rant before my lovely late afternoon/early evening snooze (well, an expansion on a previously mentioned rant): this wedding that I've been ambushed into - I don't know how to respond. The bride to be emailed me, along with 6 other girls, and said here's the dress I picked out for you to wear to the wedding. She gave the website with a picture of the dress and referred to us all as bridesmaids, but the thing is that she and I haven't had the conversation where she asks me to be in the wedding yet. Instead, she sends me an email and assumes I'll be down with being in her ceremony? Umm... that's not right. I don't feel comfortable because she & I aren't as close as we used to be (we were a lot closer before she flipped out on me when I called off the wedding I was supposed to have a year & 1/2 ago saying things like "You obviously don't know how this has affected me". Yeah, alright, I just called off my own wedding and I'm supposed to be concerned with how you're feeling - folks, this was the day I called it off, we're not talking weeks down the line. Then she proceeded to beef up the loose friendship she had with my ex and started inviting him to Sunday dinner at her parents' house, I'm not lying. I wouldn't be surprised if they bumped uglies a couple of times), I don't have the money to buy this ugly dress (I'd look like a midget Barbie in it, I swear), and if she had asked me on the phone or in person I don't know that I would have said yes - I really don't. Now I don't know how to respond to her. I'm not sure I want to decline altogether, which would surely be the end of our friendship (as pathetic as that is, it's the truth), but I also don't want to go along with this little game she's playing and not let her know that it's wildly inappropriate that she spring this on me like this. Any suggestions?

5 What people are saying:

Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

tell her to take the dress and shove it. ;)

8/12/2005 02:01:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

and make sure she knows that her closet-nerd of a fiance has no eyebrows. ;)

8/12/2005 02:08:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

I can't stop laughing. The snorts abound. Abound, I tell you! *snort*

8/12/2005 03:17:00 PM

 
Blogger tess rambles...

hmmm... tough sitch...

Maybe a sickeningly sweet response saying something to the effect of "I'd sooooo love to be one of your bridesmaids but, you know, I just really can't afford that beautiful dress..."

hmmm or maybe not... I know you're worried about the friendship, but... is it really worth it? From the little you've said, she doesn't sound like the greatest of friends to begin with.

But then, I have never been in that situation personally. I'm the only one of my friends who has ever bothered to make the mistake of getting married.

8/12/2005 05:42:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

She is a clear case of someone who only sees situations in so far as how she is involved.

Smack her.
(Rach)

8/14/2005 09:47:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home