round and round...

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

HVD


Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! I trust we're all in a festive and loving spirit today, because if we're not I fear Hallmark may come hunting. The goons of the over-sentimentalized greeting card world will string us up by our toenails in the town square and pelt us with candy hearts.

Texas Lady here at work is sure feeling celebratory. She just had a lovely little chat with her dear husband on speaker phone (full volume, natch) about his latest kind gesture.

Texas Lady: You did what?
Hubby: I picked you up a salad.
Texas Lady: I don't get it. Why did you do that?
Hubby: You said you didn't want to cook tonight, so I thought it would be nice to get you something you'd like.
Texas Lady: Well, what kind of salad?
Hubby: The California Cobb one that you like so much!
Texas Lady: Does it have romaine? You know I only like romaine. If you got me that damn salad and it's not all, 100%, fully romaine I'm going to be pissed.
Hubby: Oh no, honey, it's all romaine. I asked specifically.
Texas Lady: Yeah, but did you check it? You know those people are imbeciles. They can't put together a salad if their lives depended on it.
Hubby: Oh honey, it's their job, you know, to put together the salads. It's really what they do. I'm sure it's all romaine.
Texas Lady: It better be. That's all I'll say, it just better damn well be all romaine.

Needless to say, I hate her.

But I don't hate you, dear bloggy friends. I heart you. I heart you like a fat kid hearts cake.

10 What people are saying:

Blogger Melissa rambles...

OMG are you serious? Did it go through regular mail like that? You KNOW my mailman is going to think I'm a whore. Oh wait, I don't think my mailman speaks English.

2/14/2006 12:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Didn't read them while you were standing there... hahaha

2/14/2006 02:53:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Sounds like Texas Lady is a real sweetie. If I were her hubby I'd really want to do something nice for her again soon. Not really.

Happy Heart Day to you!

2/14/2006 03:00:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

You too, Jenn! :)

2/14/2006 03:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Awww nothing says love like a fat kid loves cake!

2/14/2006 03:47:00 PM

 
Blogger Deadly Female rambles...

She's a picky madam, isn't she? I'd stuff her romaine where the sun don't shine.

Happy Valentines xx

2/15/2006 02:27:00 AM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

well I love you like my Spaniel loves his bean bag

....actually I don't, erm..

2/15/2006 08:42:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Colin, You made me spit coffee all over my keyboard!!! hahahaha

2/15/2006 10:05:00 AM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

Nice to see that 50's getting a little love (I'm a day behind, yes, I know).

I hate Valentine's Day. That's all.

2/15/2006 06:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Sapphire rambles...

Sorry I'm late :o( but I heart you too. xx

2/16/2006 09:18:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home