round and round...

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Johnny Winton is still an assclown

This was my letter to the Mayor, Manny Diaz, regarding Commissioner Johnny Winton's ridiculous behavior at the reception Tuesday night. Renee wrote one, too - and she cc'd the entire planet. It was great. She copied the city council, the other commissioners, some reporters for the New Times, the Herald, the Sun-Sentinal... brilliant! That was yesterday morning. So far, no response.

Mr. Diaz -

Firstly, thank you for being eloquent and trying to smooth over the Commissioner's speech last evening at the reception. It was great to have your office represented by someone with tact and class. The Commissioner's speech was insulting and offensive. The way he spoke to the crowd as if we were a classroom of rowdy children was inappropriate and rude.

When he said that he was the city Commissioner and yes, he's a jerk, it made me cringe. When he said, "Hey, ladies in the back, be quiet!" I could only hope that I had misheard him. Unfortunately when he ordered the bars be closed in order to "shut up" the crowd I realized I had heard him loud and clear. He said that we were there "eating free food and drinking free booze" so we should be quiet and listen to him. Perhaps the Commissioner should learn that a person commands respect and attention through actions and presence, not by shouting and acting like a spoiled child.

I hope that the out-of-towners attending the reception don't think our city is full of people like him. He represented the city poorly and it was embarrassing.

Thank you for being there and for being a presence in the community. I truly appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Melissa PissedOffMiamiResident (OK, I didn't sign it like that, really)

4 What people are saying:

Blogger Fish rambles...

maybe he's a closet roller skater, you could treat him to some Strawberry Short Kick whup ass? (is that right, is that how you say it? - we'd give him a "twatting", but I thought that might be a bit obscure)

2/09/2006 11:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

I like twatting so much better. It's one of those words that clearly has a different meaning across the pond. I love it! hahahaha

2/09/2006 11:50:00 AM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

Classy, but firm. Nice job.

2/09/2006 02:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Yeah, I did my best not to call him an assclown in the letter. Figured that wouldn't be so tactful.

2/09/2006 03:22:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home