round and round...

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I think I got it


I'm pretty sure that I've got a job for April. I'll be working for a coffee roaster 40 hours a week in SoHo for about 4 weeks. Sweet! Can't beat the location (direct quote from the man). Can't beat smelling and drinking coffee all day long. It's a job that will pay my bills and I don't have to take any stress home with me. It's perfect! Hopefully I'll be able to confirm it tomorrow, but as of now all signs point to yes.

On another note - Jill Carroll was released by her Iraqi captors. Details are sketchy, but I can only imagine the relief that her family must be feeling right now. Good things can and do happen, people. Good things. I bitch and moan a lot about the nasties in life, but this is part of the good list and I'm happy to know she's alright.

Oh, I almost forgot! I got my hair cut today. For those of you who haven't been reading me very long, that's a huge deal. It's been a reeeeeaaally long time since I've let anyone else cut my hair. There have only been 2 exceptions in about 11 years. I cut it myself and color it myself and generally have a coniption at the thought of someone else taking scissors to my head. But I went to a little place on St. Marks today and a Russian dude cut it perfectly... for $6. WHAT? Yeah, I ain't lyin'. I got a haircut with tip for $10. He wouldn't let me give him any more money. I gave him a $20 and he made me take a $10 back. New York is freaking amazing. Now I've got to go shower and get dressed. I'm meeting an old friend from HS in the city to help him suit shop (he said he needs a professional to guide him - ha!), then we're going to dinner and later we're meeting up with some friends of his for drinks. A little night out on the town. How lovely!

3 What people are saying:

Blogger The Rover rambles...

You need to work there just long enough so that I can get a free cup of coffee.

3/30/2006 08:46:00 PM

 
Blogger Mindi rambles...

Yes, about that coffee....

Sounds like a great relief and just in time for spring/summer!

3/30/2006 09:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Yay! I'm so happy to hear about the job and the cheap haircut woot!

3/31/2006 09:18:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home