round and round...

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

It beats flipping burgers


I don't have a job. I have bills. I'm moving back to NYC tomorrow. It will be my second move in 2 weeks. The man isn't moving up for a couple months. Once I get there my roommates and I have to find a new house to live in because our landlord is a horrid wretch of a person and we don't want to live under her roof anymore. Those things all add up to a relatively stressed out Melissa. But here's a bright spot or 2:

I saw a post on craigslist (the best site ever created) for a study looking for people who highlight their own hair. Long story short, I've got an appt. next week to highlight my hair at a facility on Park Ave. and tell them my opinion of the product. It'll take 2 hours and they're going to pay me $75 at the end. Pretty sweet deal. I also signed up for several focus groups, so you never know - my part-time gig during my job search my well turn out to be spouting off about my opinions. Wait - I do that all the time already, I just don't get paid for it!

Duke hasn't pooped in the apartment or attempted to in 24 hours.

Smiles all around. Happy Tuesday, folks.

7 What people are saying:

Blogger Melissa rambles...

I think I just get to use blonde this time. I get to pick some shade of blonde. Not as much fun, but much more practical whilst the job hunt is on! Don't want to fly my freak flag too high right out of the gate, you know how it is.

3/28/2006 12:56:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Creme Soda then, with highlights of Fuschia Plum. I don't understand the one called "Clear". What would be the point of that one?

3/28/2006 02:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Hmmmm I like Icicle.

Wouldn't it be kind of cool if the Clear actually made your hair clear? Or maybe it would look too much like fishing line. :-)

3/28/2006 03:50:00 PM

 
Blogger Bright-Eyes rambles...

ICICLE

3/28/2006 03:52:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

If I had my choice of these colors I'd do my regular blonde but with Cherry Cola and Black Cherry streaks through the underneath sections. Alas, I don't know which shades I'll get to pick from, but it'll run the gamut of blonde. A little boring, but hey - I've got to land a full time corporate gig soon and hot pink hair might make that harder than it needs to be. :(

3/28/2006 04:14:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

When did hair colors start being associated with soft drinks?

3/28/2006 06:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

See now that kind of cool stuff is what I would totally take advantage of if I lived in NYC. Go girl take a bite out of that Apple

3/28/2006 08:40:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home