round and round...

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hiring?

(thanks to toothpastefordinner.com for the drawing)

This will be me. Well, except it won't be a beard, it'll be leg stubble. And well, I'll still shave, so I guess this won't be me. But, I will not have a job, so I think that might count for something.

Today was my last day. No more Cuban Lady being generally annoying and self-pitying (she should start a blog, I try to keep my pity parties confined to the internet). No more Texas Lady screaming insults at her husband. No more roaches in the kitchen or ants on my desk. Alas, no more paychecks. That's the scary part.

Tomorrow we move. We move everything to the apartment because we close on the sale of the house Friday. The man will stay down here for a few months and work, and next week at some point I'll fly back up to Brooklyn. Hopefully I'll get some nibbles on some interviews soon and I can get a job. If not, I've got to land a part time gig while I look for a full time one I want in my field. *sigh*

I've got stories to tell from my last day at work, but now I've got to order a pizza and get packing.

4 What people are saying:

Blogger The Rover rambles...

Yay leaving the crappy job! I have to admit, though, I'll kind of miss Cuban Lady. Maybe you could take her with you?

3/16/2006 03:41:00 AM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

Time to do some work on the design of the "FONLUA" card?

3/16/2006 09:42:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I want to hear the work stories (please~please~please have a Cuban Lady one LOL) mmmm... pizza.....

3/16/2006 10:32:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Last day of a job is such a mixture of relief and terror. Have a gin & tonic tonight, everything is going to work out in the end.

3/16/2006 01:15:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home