round and round...

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Google Maps is the best! True dat. Double true!

So, yesterday MT & I went to Magnolia Bakery. Yes, yes, the Magnolia of "Lazy Sunday" fame. The best cupcakes on the planet. Banana pudding and cupcakes, food of the gods. Well worth the half hour wait in line just to glimpse the lovely little bundles of cakey goodness. The weather was beautiful (MT was only wearing a t-shirt! In early March!) and we had a lovely day. Today it's raining and chilly. But hey, It's Brooklyn - how bad can it be?

The concert I flew up for was excellent. It was so excellent, it exceeded every expectation I had (except the part where I almost punched a stupid, little, early 20s tart in the face, but that's another story to be told at a later date). www.ilovemetric.com for band info. They rock, they're Canadian, they have a hot chick frontman, they're fun and high energy and appeal to a wide audience... I am now a die-hard fan. If they come to a city near you I'd suggest scooping up a few tickets as soon as you can. You'll have a blast.

I'm off to make some coffee. I'm in dire need. I fly back to Miami in a few hours and I don't want to pass out and miss my flight.

4 What people are saying:

Blogger The Rover rambles...

You know that the Mag Bakery actually blew up during Sex and the City, right? I had a friend introduce me to that place in 2000, and I've been a dedicated patron ever since. We're totally making a trip over there when I come to town...

3/12/2006 10:56:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Of course I know that! C'mon now, K Lance. Who do you think you're talking to here? Plus, my friend Liz used to work there. Ooooh, the frosting, the FROSTING!

3/12/2006 11:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I want to hear about you almost punching the early 20's tart Hee!

3/13/2006 11:02:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

It's all for you, Patti - check out the latest. :)

3/13/2006 11:28:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home