round and round...

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Musicality


I've been tagged. Oh yes, K Lance tagged me good. That sounds awesomely dirty. Sweet!

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.

1) Beautiful - James Blunt: Love and loss and longing for something that will never be yours. It's gorgeous and lovely and wonderfully, deliciously heart breaking. Something about the melancholy that accompanies unrequited love snares me every time.

2) Gold Digger - Kanye, oh Kanye West f/Jamie Foxx: I don't care that I have personal issues with Kanye, this damn song makes me shake my booty all over the house.

3) Cramp Your Style - Thievery Corporation: Again, another song that I cannot sit still through. Shout-out to the DC spinners, yo!

4) Because Of You - Kelly Clarkson: Uh huh. Deal with it. I love this song. I even love the beat thumping remix. The chick's got pipes.

5) Check On It - Destiny's Child f/Slim Thug: Any song that says "You can look at it, as long as you don't grab it" is a-OK in my book.

6) These Words - Natasha Bendingfield: It's happy. It's a downright happy song and sometimes that's exactly what I need to make me smile and sing along. "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!"

7) Breath (2AM) - Anna Nalick: Once more, I love the melancholy of the song. I dig on her sweet voice and mournful lyrics. It's very indicative of last year in New york for me. "Winter just wasn't my season..." What a statement, what an understatement.

Tag time, yes yes y'all! Get ready, here we go (K Lance already tagged a certain Brooklyn babe) -

1 - Kristie (this way you don't have to think too much for your next entry)
2 - Colin (inject a little Brit taste, please?)
3 - ~S~ (c'mon, you Southern princess, let's have it)
4 - Miss Fire (Represent Florida, babe - do it up right)
5 - Jess (You know you've got good musical taste, share it)
6 - Patti (something to think about besides icky work stuff)
7 - Sandra (forget about the mental junk drawer for a minute and have some fun w/this)

7 What people are saying:

Blogger Melissa rambles...

Just do it and like it, ho.

3/08/2006 02:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Eat it, shitface.

3/08/2006 03:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I always forget to call people asshat. God, I love that name. OK, I did my list.

3/08/2006 03:11:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

Chick fight. CHICK FIGHT! I'll go get the Jello...

M, what are your Kanye issues? And I have to admit that the Beyonce/Slim Thug song very nearly made my list. It makes me want to make out with Beyonce more than ever. I think it would be very hot to hear a woman sing that to me...

3/08/2006 03:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

K Lance, that's 'cause you like a woman who's a bit of a tease... erm, I mean challenge. Yeah, challenge.

My issues with Kanye stem from the fact that when he wants to make a statement (even one that really does have social validity) he ends up bumbling it and sounding like an uneducated doofus head. He's not an uneducated doofus head. He just sounds like one a lot. Which makes the things he says sound stupid... to white folk who want to think he's stupid. So then it goes back to some white folk thinking that all hip hop artists are dumb thugs without brains. I think Kanye has important things to say, and I wish he said them better. That's my issue. Did I express that well? Probably not.

Sandra - it's the best word. Asshat and Assclown are my faves. We use them often in Melissaland. I'm going right now to read your list!

3/08/2006 03:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

That would be a big fat NO. Well, a little work. But this is much more fun! :)

3/08/2006 07:21:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Guess cos' i'm new to the blogger world but I LIKE being tagged! :)

3/08/2006 08:31:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home